"That's A New Beginning Of Real Life"
The reason many professing Christians continue to live sinful lives
is that they have NOT been born again.
They are not saved.
Is it necessary to be born again?
It is absolutely necessary to be born again to be saved and enter the Kingdom of God.
St. John 3:1-7; I Pet. 1:23; Titus 3:5
How did Jesus expect Nicodemus to know about the "new birth" from the Old Testament?
Jer. 31:33; 32:39; Ezek. 11:19;18:31; 36:25-27; Ps. 51:10; Isa. 1:18-20; 55:6
The New Birth is not:
Water baptism, church membership, reformation, trying to do better, making resolutions to quit bad habits, giving money or service to the church, or trying to be a Christian without the life of Christ inside.
Is it possible to be born again without Jesus Christ?
No. Salvation is through a Saviour, the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Matt. 1:21; Acts 4:12; Rom. 6:23; I John 5:11-13; Luke 19:10.
Is it for every person?
Yes, "whosoever will."
John 3:16, 17; Rom. 10:13; John 4:10-15; Rev. 22:17
Why is it necessary to be born again and thereby receive salvation?
a. Because you have sinned.
Rom. 3:23; 1 John 1:10; Isa. 53:6.
b. Because of your lost and fallen condition:
(1) Your sins have separated you from God. Isa. 59:1,2.
(2) Mankind is depraved and inclined towards sin.
Gen. 6:5,6; Psalm 53:2,3; Isa.64:6; Eccl.8:11.
(3) The penalty of your sin.
Rom. 2:11-13; Rom. 6:23.
(4) You are spiritually dead.
Eph. 2:1; I John 5:12; St. John 3:36.
How can a person be born again?
I. God's Part.
(1) Jesus Christ died in your place and for your sins so that you can be forgiven and receive that new life.
I Cor. 15:3; Isa. 53:5,6,12; Gal. 3:13; Heb. 2:9; I Pet. 3:18; Heb. 9:28; I Pet. 2:24; Rom. 5:8.
(2) Forgive sins.
Heb. 10:16,17; I John 1:9; Isa. 55:7; Isa. 43:25; Isa. 44:22, 1:18.
(3) Give Spiritual Life. Eph. 2:1,5; I John 5:11 13; St. John 3:1-7.
II. Your Part.
(1) Choose to be. Choose the way of Jesus instead of the way of Satan; choose to call on the Lord for salvation. Choose whom you will serve.
Josh. 24:15; Rom. 10:13.
(2) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Absolute trust.
John 3:16-18; John 8:24; I John 5:10.
(3) Receive Him. John 1:12.
(4) Repent. (Be sorry for your sins - confess them - leave them.)
Acts 3:19; Acts 2:38; Luke 13:5.
(5) Confess Christ openly. Rom. 10:9,10.
(6) Be Baptized.
Acts 2:38; Mark 16:15; Matt. 28:19.