Posted by: Jerry Lindsey on Sun, Jun 7, 2015
What does the scripture say?
“A Servant worthy of his hire” Pastor Appreciation
1. 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13. It calls upon us to give back to our pastors because of all they have given and done for us.
"And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love" (The Message).
2. 1 Timothy 5:17. It commands us to doubly honor those who minister to us.
"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine".
3. 1 Corinthians 9:14. The context of this verse makes it plain that this verse refers to giving our pastors a fair salary.
“The Lord commanded that those who preach the good news should be supported by those who benefit from it.” (New Living Translation)
4. Colossians 2:1-5. It really shows the heart of a pastor...what he thinks about us, what he wants for us, and what he works for on our behalf.
"For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you, and for those in Laodicea, and for those who have not met me face to face. My goal is that their hearts, having been knit together in love, may be encouraged, and that they may have all the riches that assurance brings in their understanding of the knowledge of the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I say this so that no one will deceive you through arguments that sound reasonable. For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your morale and the firmness of your faith in Christ." (New Living Translation)
5. Philippians 1:3-5, 7-11 the heart of our pastors.
"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. I always pray for you, and I make my requests with a heart full of joy because you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.
"It is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a very special place in my heart. We have shared together the blessings of God, both when I was in prison and when I was out, defending the truth and telling others the Good News." (New Living Translation)
6. James 3:1, shows that our pastors willingly put themselves under a higher standard for our benefit.
"Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged by God with greater strictness." (New Living Translation)
7. 2 Peter 3:17. It shows that our pastors work diligently to watch over our souls.
"I am writing you ahead of time, dear friends, so that you can watch out and not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people." (New Living Translation)
Passages that Tell Us How to Show Our Pastor Appreciation
8. Colossians 4:2-4. One of the most important ways we can show our pastor appreciation is by praying for them."Be devoted to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving. At the same time pray for us too, that God may open a door for the message so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may make it known as I should." (New Living Translation)
9. Hebrews 13:18-19 also encourages us to pray for our pastors.
"Pray for us, for our conscience is clear and we want to live honorably in everything we do. I especially need your prayers right now so that I can come back to you soon." (New Living Translation)
10. Hebrews 13:7. We show our appreciation for our pastors when we follow their godly example.
"Remember your leaders who first taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and trust the Lord as they do." (New Living Translation)
11. 3 John 1:3-4. Our pastors feel appreciated when we faithfully live godly lives.
"Some of the brothers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living in the truth. I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children live in the truth."
12. Hebrews 13:17 tells us to show our pastor appreciation by submitting to his direction.
"Obey your spiritual leaders and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they know they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this joyfully and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit."
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.